Saturday, September 18, 2010

School

Last week was the first day of school. I am in 5th grade now. I like my teacher and I have two friends so far in my class. One was in my class last year and the year before and one is new here. I have lunch and recess with my younger brother now. I like recess. I play butterfinger, wall ball, and four corners. Yesterday my family came over for a school BBQ. My dad was really good at wall ball and now he's going to teach me how to be good at it. Since this is a new year I am going to try and not lose any of my reading logs. Reading logs are a piece of paper and when you're done with a book you write down the title of it, the author, how many pages it was, the date, and then have your parents sign it. Then, at the end of the month you turn it in to the library. And then about 2 weeks later they give you an envelope filled with 2 or 3 prizes. Here's a list of things you can get in the envelopes: free fries or drinks at Burger King, things for Dairy Queen, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Applebee's, Red Robin and Cold Stone.
We are going on a field trip this month to the Oregon Gardens with my class and I am excited to go because this will be my first time going there.
Oh yeah, our cats have grown a lot! Tater is only 5 months old and he's already as big as pumpkin who is over a year old. They keep leaving dead mice for us around the house. Well, outside the house, not inside. Speaking of growing, I have grown too. I am 4 feet and 11 1/2 inches tall.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting life! What is Butterfinger? I'm sure you'll excel at wall ball soon enough!

    ReplyDelete